In the Summer of 2010 I shall be going to Uganda as a research volunteer on the Semliki Chimpanzee Project. I will spend ten weeks following and studying the chimpanzees of Semliki Wildlife Reserve, learning the ropes as a fledgling chimpanzee chaser. This blog will chart the memorable animals, people and events that I encounter along the way and my experiences with the stars of the trip, the Semliki chimpanzees.

Saturday 3 July 2010

Packed and ready to go



This is it. I'm finally ready to go and will be leaving for Heathrow airport in less than half an hour! My bag is near to bursting point with all my kit after a battle with it earlier this morning to shove in those last few wildlife books that I was determined to bring. I'm kitted out in comfortable travelling clothes, walking boots and my so-called 'chimpanzee chasing hat'. My mum bought me this hat for my birthday after deciding that if her daughter was going to spend her life studying chimpanzees then she needed to look the part!

I am feeling slightly nervous, but it is mainly a feeling of excitement that overwhelms me. I will soon be on my way towards Uganda and the chimpanzee chasing adventure that I have long dreamed of. Semliki here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment